Saturday, May 29, 2010

My favourites for tonight

Tonight’s Eurovision Song Contest final will be interesting, I think. Somehow I doubt there will be a clear cut winner in the manner of last year; there are too many good songs in too many styles. All of the bookie’s favourites will divide the voters, I think, and the voters and juries will be all at odds too.

I think the one dead certainty is that neither the voters nor the juries will vote for the UK’s entry! Will we score nul points once again or will we get a pity vote from Ireland?

My friend Ethan says it tempts fate to publish your favourites but here goes. I don’t have a firm definite favourite but I would be very happy if the overall winner emerged from this group:

France
Jessy Matador - Allez olla olé

Belgium
Tom Dice - Me and My Guitar

Greece
Giorgos Alkaios & Friends - OPA

Iceland
Hera Björk - Je ne sais quoi

Albania
Juliana Pasha - It’s All About You

Ireland
Niamh Kavanagh - It’s For You

Germany
Lena - Satellite

I hope I haven’t jinxed their chances! We shall see tonight.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Caught most of the show - deserved winner I thought.
Josh didn't deserve bottom place though.
Embarassing.
:(

Hedgie said...

:-) - We will have to try harder next year!