Friday, May 30, 2008

an evening at Ted Baker

I detect a new training programme for Ted Baker’s sales staff. They are trained to be friendly and engage with customers and lead the customer on to more purchasing opportunities. That’s ok with me; what I really dislike is the crude high-pressure sales technique one can come across in other shops. Reiss certainly was quite unpleasant a few years ago; I don’t know what it’s like now because I haven’t gone back!

Anyway, I got an invitation to Ted Baker’s Summer Evening of Shoppping with a 20% discount. I needed some shirts, so I thought I’d better check it out.

My Bank Holiday foray was to check out the scene in advance. What I didn’t say then, was that an assistant helped me with jacket sizes, and when I said I wanted to look at shirts, told me to try on a few for size because “this season we are cutting our shirts slim”.

Did she just call me fat??! Cue Hedgie leaves shop fast.

However, the lure of a bargain and Mr Baker’s shirts drew me back last night.

Luckily, I still seem to fit into my old size of shirt. :-)

However, the lighting in the changing rooms is very unforgiving – it makes me look like a pregnant hippo!

Right, that’s the end. My exercise programme is going into high gear and No Carbs! None!

No comments: