Thursday, January 17, 2008

In Rainbows


Speaking as someone who parted ways with Radiohead around the time of Kid A (OK Computer being a hot contender for my best album of all time), In Rainbows is absolutely genius. My expectations were not high, but encouraged by the hype over their choice of distribution channels, as well as reviews suggesting this was their most commercial attempt for quite a while, I took a punt on the CD. I’ve played it back to back all week. I’m sure my neighbours are going completely crazy. Ah well, at least it’s a change from my previous obsession with Arcade Fire!

As I didn’t download this last year due to an ongoing computer absence, and as the cheap CD version was only released at the beginning of January, this is definitely my album of the year (2008). It will really take a lot to beat this.

No comments: